Chewing Gum Removal. Even in Highly Pedestrianised Areas.
Chewing Gum Removal is a core business activity for HydroClean.
Our state-of-the-art, mobile, high-pressure, steam cleaners and experience enable us to remove both the gum and its residue from hard surfaces with the minimum of fuss, even in highly pedestrainised areas.
Pavement appeal is very important when presenting your business to the public. An unsightly & unhygienic build up of chewing gum in and around your business can have a damaging effect on your reputation and brand.
We regularly undertake contracts from commercial clients and local authorities.
Chewing Gum: The Facts
- Discarded chewing gum is a major, and growing, problem, especially in town centre areas
- Discarding chewing gum in the street is an offence as it is classed as litter in the eyes of the law
- Blobs of chewing gum on the street can make an area look dirty, even when it’s clean
- Wrigley say chewing gum is used by 28 million people in the UK
- Chewing gum takes up to 5 years to biodegrade
- During the last 5 years Wrigley has invested over £5 million and dedicated three full-time R&D staff to the challenge of producing a more easily removable chewing gum
- Some countries are considering putting a tax on gum to help pay for the clean-up costs
- In Singapore, chewing gum is banned unless you have a prescription from your doctor or dentist